Summer Reading

Monday, July 18, 2011

Storybird

Microbes on Storybird


I've been playing with some of these tools. Two that I've used are Animoto and Storybird. They are easy to use and have multiple ways to incorporate them in the classroom and also in coaching. I like the 30 second Animotos because it really makes you try to be concise and find images that reflect the message. I like Storybird because it provides artwork but allows students to use it in a very creative way instead of just filling in blanks to finish a story as some of the other tools use.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more about the 30 second Animotos and 1 minute Stupeflix. Sometimes teachers hear the limitations and think that they need the full versions. However, there is something to be said for short and sweet. That is also a skill. In the past, I have had students create PowerPoints that are way too long. Who has that much time to share?

    ReplyDelete