Summer Reading

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tool #11

I have dabbled with many new tools and know that I have just touched the surface. My favorites so far are animoto, storybird and google docs. I also really like Skype. I think that all of these could be used in many ways in the classroom to make create more rigor and relevance with content. They allow for a lot of creativity and individualization.

These tools will definitely allow the teacher to place more responsibility with the students for their own learning which is the way Spring Branch is heading. I think the tricky part will be really choosing the right technology for the content- not letting technology drive instruction but content. Some of the tools are very catchy and it would be easy to get caught up in the tool rather than the content.

An unexpected outcome for me as been how easy it is to use many of these tools. Now the tricky part will be to go back and get more familiar with a few to begin with and really use them to help students access curriculum.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you found the tools easy to use. They really aren't hard. I agree the challenge when first starting is to use the right tool at the right time. However, just like everything else, it gets easier the more you practice it!

    ReplyDelete